Sunday, November 30, 2008

I was thinking that I would get on here today and wish everyone a late Thanksgiving and then boo hoo a bit about how we are all on antibiotics and how I actually missed Thanksgiving all together because of this bug. Instead I am here to say that I am so incredibly sad. One of our worlds brightest lights went out yesterday morning. My friend Robyn has lost her battle with Cystic Fibrosis just 8 days after her 34th birthday. She was one of the strongest people I have ever known. She lived her life. With love and joy. She laughed easily and often. She shared a quiet warmth, strength and happiness with everyone she met. She was so strong and brave that in a way you felt that she might be the one to hold off this cruel disease until there is a cure. But then she got sick and what would have been and inconvenient cold to most of us was too much for her body to take. She was a wife and loving mother to her own little 3 year old angel and my heart breaks for her family and everyone who loved her. She will feel no more pain. We will miss her always.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh my Shannon, this is so sad.