Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What we don't know

No one could have ever guessed that Ben would be doing so well less than two weeks after surgery. We had our first outing today. I probably could have forced the issue but somehow it just seemed a bad idea to go out and play when everyone is warning you against falling and germs. Today we went to the park. We met some dear friends who helped me keep track of Kiera so that I could stay close to Ben. Would you believe? We played for over an hour climbing and walking and still NO nap today. He is getting the hang of drinking while he eats and doesn't seem to be losing any more weight. Not gaining, but not losing is the first step. I know that we have a long road ahead but every day what we don't know seems less daunting.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I didn't know you had a blog! How exciting. I will read now and connect you to me as soon as I figure out how to do it again. Allison